Sunday, June 10, 2012

I'm that chick

What really motivated me to start this blog was the realization that the way I live my life signifies me as "that chick" that everyone stereotypes the average black woman as. Promiscuous. Three baby daddies. Over a dozen pregnancies (so abortion having). In other words a hoodrat. Its easy to overlook hoodrat tendencies in yourself if you have a middle class background and value system that you grew up in. If you're smart, educated. It's so easy to look down on others for the same behavior that you are doing already.

As I keep writing this, I will share some of my experiences so that maybe people can understand what got me to this point. A big reason I'm sharing so much is that I want to prevent other black women and girls from going down this same road. It's a dead end. It leads to nowhere good. My breaking point is realizing that I may be pregnant for the fifth time in under two years. It is realizing that I'm too scared to get tested for HIV. It's realizing that I don't even want to sleep with these fools anymore, yet I keep doing it. It's realizing that I may have squandered my future and shortened my life and it was for nothing. My life could have gone so differently.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
; www.Hypersmash.com Blog Directory