Monday, July 16, 2012

Contemplating writing a book

For years, I've thought about compiling my life experiences into print form. I think someone out there could benefit from telling my story. I haven't seen too many like it, from a black perspective. One that I did find was A Piece of Cake, and while there are many similarities, I couldn't identify 100%. This blog is very therapeutic for me, and provides a release. It keeps me from acting out sometimes and allows me a place to put things I'm going through. Sometimes I don't have anyone to talk to about my life, so this helps a lot.

So readers, would you be interested in a book? It wouldn't be for another year, but I could start the preliminaries now. Talking to my cousin about my abuse and being bold about the sexual abuse I encountered at home tore down a roadblock that has stopped me from writing a book on myself before. So if you're interested, drop me a comment and tell me what kinds of things you would like my book to include. Ask me anything!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
; www.Hypersmash.com Blog Directory